Casual Learn to Swim Instructors
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
Reporting into the Aquatics Manager the Learn to Swim Instructors are responsible for:
- working with the Aquatics Manager to deliver high quality programs to the out of hours’ programs and/or the PE department and/or Junior School programs where applicable
- providing high quality learn to swim lessons
- fostering a positive swimming culture and a fun environment
- working as part of the Lessons Team
- providing feedback regarding student’s progression to the Aquatics Manager
- ensuring swimmers are progressing through the prescribed level
- identifying swimmers that may be ready to move up a level
- providing feedback to parents regarding students where applicable
- Hours will be between 3.15pm to 6.30pm on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons. The length of shifts may vary depending on our bookings.
- The work will primarily focus around School terms
- However, there may be limited hours through School holidays also
We are looking for individuals with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Great communication skills
- Ability to teach swimmers new skills
- Ability to help swimmers refine and master skills
- Ability to help swimmers progress through their levels
- Austswim or Australian recognized equivalent
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Police Records Check
- Austswim Assessor (desirable)
- Lifeguard (desirable)
- Availability as per above - essential
To view the position description please go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/
If you believe you have what we are looking for then click on the “Apply for this job” button and submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications received online via seek will be accepted.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- What's your expected hourly rate?