Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
- Are you an enthusiastic professional with Events experience looking for your next career move?
- Share your event management talents at one of Australia's premier, growing tourist attractions!
- Work close to home in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway (PBR) is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, PBR attracts a large number of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
Due to the continued growth in popularity, there is now an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and creative Events Executive to join the Events team at PBR on a full-time basis.
Reporting to and working in conjunction with the Events Manager, you will primarily be responsible for event planning, product development, administration and maintenance of key stakeholder relationships.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing, coordinating and assisting with the smooth running of all key PBR events;
- Attending all operational days and assisting the in bump in and bump out of events;
- Maintaining the Great Train Race database, including updates and reporting as required;
- Drafting and emailing survey requests, including preparing and distributing reports regarding passenger's experiences; and
- Communicating with event participants, ticket holders, staff and volunteers regarding event information.
Due to the nature of the role, some flexibility in working hours, including early or late starts, weekend and public holidays will be required in order to effectively operate and deliver events as planned. An attractive salary circa $70,000 to $75,000 plus super, commensurate with your skills and experience is available to the right applicant.
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a current Working with Children Check, participate in a National Criminal History Check, hold a current unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and we will arrange you to complete a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and adaptable professional with exceptional organisational and management skills to join a supportive team growing from strength to strength!
To be considered for this position you'll need a tertiary qualification in either Marketing, Tourism or Events, alongside knowledge and understanding of recreation, hospitality or community service.
To be successful in this position you'll combine your aptitude in communicating with stakeholders of all levels from management to volunteers with your initiative and flexible problem-solving skills.
Most importantly, PBR is looking for someone that is an outgoing, confident and with huge initiative that enjoys the buzz of a busy role and is truly capable of managing multiple competing demands. In addition, the ideal candidate will also have a strong network of tourism industry contracts and an understanding of PBR's history and current business.
For more details, and to view the position description visit our website – www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/. Applications will be assessed as received.
Apply via Seek by forwarding your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role.
So what are you waiting for? If you are an events superstar looking to take the next step in your career - Apply Now!
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events coordinator?