Senior Accounts Payable Officer
Advertiser: Zaparas Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
About Our Firm
Founded in 1981, Zaparas Lawyers has a proud tradition of service as a family business supporting clients in compensable injury. Our strong Firm ethos is underscored by believing in a society where all individuals have appropriate redress when they suffer loss. In support of this ethos we do everything in our power to make the legal process as open, uncomplicated and as non-frightening for our clients as possible. By providing the best advice we achieve just compensation for clients and earn a strong reputation in our field.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Accounts Payable Officer to join our friendly Finance team on a 6 months contract basis.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Setting up and maintenance of supplier details in our legal practice management software and our Accounting system
- Prepare cheques, EFT requests and remittance advice to suppliers
- Daily processing of high-volume office and disbursement invoices in a multiple payment runs
- Manage and reimburse employee expense claims
- Managing petty cash
- Month end reconciliation of supplier statements and invoices
- Undertake, implement and initiate improvements on all aspect of accounts payable workflow, particularly the EFT payment process
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records and filing system
- Assist with finance projects and ad-hoc duties
The Successful Applicant
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Commerce
- Minimum 3 years’ accounts payable experience is essential. Experience within a legal environment or major accounting firms is highly desirable
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details and demonstrates high accuracy in completing tasks
- A self-starter who has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office
How To Apply
If you think this is the job that you have been searching for, please click "Apply" today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?