Head of Food & BeveragePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
About Foundation Theatres
Foundation Theatres is an Australian family owned theatre owner and operator. Our venues are two of Sydney’s premier theatres: The Capitol Theatre and Sydney Lyric. Our mission is to operate a series of thriving, internationally renowned, first class theatres.
In this role, your energy and attention to detail is a critical part of making our theatres great venues for our patrons to visit and our presenters, performers, crew and visiting companies to experience. Your ideas, work ethic, workplace pride, team spirit and commitment to safety are respected hallmarks of your role.
The Foundation Theatres team share a passion for the theatre industry in Australia, its product and the people it attracts from diverse backgrounds. Every role within Foundation Theatres requires each of us to be ‘House Proud’ ensuring that our venues are of the finest possible quality in service and physical condition.
We have an exciting opportunity for a person with strong administration skills and a passion for hospitality to become a senior member of our theatre team. This is an exciting opportunity available for a person with at least five years’ experience leading the hospitality operations within an organisation. Hours are 40 hours to be performed generally between 2.00pm to 10.30pm Wednesday to Sunday, though a flexible schedule is required.
- Manage all day to day operations within the department, including running of venue bars and functions.
- Leading team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising personnel
- Manage the enterprise POS applications, enhance associated processes, analyse sale results and work with management to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Work with our catering company to design and price function packages for small, medium and large functions held within the theatres
- Swiftly and clearly communicate with customers regarding booking of functions and events
- Oversee recruiting and onboarding process for casual staff and maintain a strong and content casual workforce
- Oversee stock ordering and stocktake, and uphold strong supplier communication
- Oversee pricing and product selection
- Oversee weekly rostering
- Implement new software and systems as and when required
- Proactively managing guest interactions & feedback with the utmost professionalism
- Responsible for ensuring all staff act in accordance with company policy
- Provide mentorship, leadership and management to your team
- Develop policies and procedures and lead implementation of them within the department
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in a Food & Beverage role
- Strong communication, leadership and organisational skills
- Previous experience in F&B leadership in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for hospitality and service, and solid insight into industry trends
- Superior computer and IT skills, including fluency in software programs including word, excel, and leading POS application.
- Used a POS system and technology to improve and streamline Strong administration experience, and a passion for creation and implementation of process and procedure
- Strong HR skills and proven experience in hiring, motivating, training and leading a large casual workforce
- Holds an RSA, and ideally food handling course experience also
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- An outstanding customer service orientation
- Exceptional time management and ability to multi task
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and desire to make a difference within the organisation
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also within other theatre environments
How to Apply
Please apply with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume and send to email@example.com