Construction Manager / Project Engineer - FIFO - Wheatstone
Advertiser: NTC Contracting Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jan 2019
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
Due to the award on a high profile road construction scope at Wheatstone NTC are looking for an experienced and highly organised Construction Manager / Project Engineer. The project is underway so immediate availability is a preference.
The ideal candidate is a qualified engineer who has stepped up or is capable of stepping up to a management role in leading, planning and organising projects.
The Position will report to the Project Manager but due to the business structure leadership is a must and will have core responsibilities for planning, organising and monitoring the all aspects of our construction projects. Daily tasks will include conducting quality assurance, project cost control, production reporting and monitoring, ensuring workplace health and safety, and managing people/subcontractors to ensure the project meets budgets and deadlines. The position must attend site inspections, solve technical issues, provide advice, implement project plans, ensure all site registers are accurate, and prepare cost and program tracking reports for the Project Manager. The role demands strong leadership to achieve required outcomes, whilst maintaining a positive and productive attitude
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or similar
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety preferred
- Strong background in project financials and cost management
- Ability to run small to medium projects
- Strong background in Earthworks, Roads and Concrete
- Be able to build strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide support and advice on planning and construction
- Ensure all quality assurance requirements are met
- Subcontractor management experience
- Proven experience in Civil Engineering;
- Hands on experience working in the field;
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and CAD;
- An ability to read engineering plans and specifications;
- An ability to interpret and administer contracts;
- Highly effective planning, organising and problem solving skills;
- The ability to indirectly lead, motivate and influence others;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- First Aid certificate (beneficial);
You will be genuinely interested in working within a mid sized business that although offer smaller, shorter projects of diverse scope and size, but will also offer a personable, friendly and supportive office environment where the focus is on the collective growth and success of the business.
Fly in Fly out from Perth on 3 weeks on 1 week off roster.
NTC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working on civil infrastructure projects?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?