Advertiser: R.W.Corkery & Co Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jan 2019
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- $110K per annum, including superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
A little about us
R.W. Corkery & Co Pty Ltd (RWC) has an enviable history dating back to 1980. Our team of dedicated professionals and Directors provide a range of project management, environmental impact assessment and geological services to the mining, quarrying and other related sectors. With offices located in Orange, Central West NSW; Brooklyn, Northern Sydney; and Brendale, Brisbane our success comes from our people developing long and enduring business relationships with our Clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced General Manager to join our team based in the beautiful regional City of Orange, Central West NSW. Ideally the General Manager would be employed in a full-time capacity, however, part-time may be considered for the right professional fit.
To be the right fit, as General Manager for RWC you will be expected to be able to demonstrate your experience and success at operating at a similar level, ideally in a consultancy or professional services sector. Most important though is the ability to really engage with the business, its people and Clients. We are certainly seeking someone who “can do” rather than “clock on”.
As a natural leader, the successful professional will work closely with the Directors to ensure the continuing stability and growth of the business. This new role will report to RWC’s Directors and will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of all the business operations across the three offices. In short, RWC are seeking a strong motivator willing to take on a challenging role in leading, guiding, identifying and coordinating all the human and operational resources that are required on a pro-active day to day basis.
Once you have settled in and developed an understanding of the business, your responsibilities will include the following.
- Motivate, nurture and develop the RWC team.
- Manage and facilitate effective relationships with Clients, Specialist Consultants and stakeholders.
- Review and implement key systems and processes to ensure efficiencies and on time delivery to Clients.
- Provide high quality, strategic and governance advice to maintain and strengthen RWC’s business.
- Manage the delivery of all day to day financial, HR and operational functions within the business.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Facilitate problem solving to identify root causes and implement positive resolution.
To be successful as RWC’s General Manager you will need to bring:
- a finance, human resources, infrastructure and governance management background;
- inspirational and outstanding skills in people leadership and conflict resolution;
- a commitment to the development of a strong and engaged Company culture to drive positive change;
- a willingness to attend, from time to time, all RWC’s office locations, industry functions and conferences and to provide feedback to Directors including market and emerging trends; and
- an ability to gain industry knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop RWC’s unique selling propositions.
Above all else, you will be a business and team leader who is visionary, decisive, empowering and collaborative.
To obtain a detailed position description, please visit our website www.rwcorkery.com. To discuss the position in confidence please telephone Cindy Corkery on 02 9985 8511
We invite interested professionals to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach information outlining your interest in the position and demonstrating your experience and success at a similar style business. Please include a CV and any information that will showcase your skills.
Receipt of application will be acknowledged within 48 business hours by return email and shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.