Advertiser: Meercat Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Feb 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $50,000 - $69,999 | Based On Experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Meercat Pty Ltd is an Australian-owned and operated company, founded in 2002 and specialising in the design, development and support of the risk and control assurance software package, Meercat RiskView.
We produce a meaningful product that helps to improve people’s lives and makes the world safer and more sustainable.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Junior Developer to join our friendly and close-knit team. No work experience required, as we are happy to train and support you, as long as you are a passionate self-starter and willing to learn.
The role will find you working 3-5 days a week and is suitable for university students completing their degree full-time or part-time.
Not what we do but where we dream of going someday:
- More functional: eg. Clojure, Haskell, Lisp, F#.
- More *nix: eg. Linux/Unix-like systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- CSS, including new extensions like flexbox
- A sense of UI design
- Great problem-solving skills
- An enjoyment of command lines
- Knowledge of functional programming
- A love of keeping things simple
What We Offer:
- Professional development- We offer a unique opportunity to develop both soft and hard skills, with the freedom and the ability to help define your own role.
- Great team environment- We have a down to earth and very relaxed team culture that supports autonomy and collaboration.
- Flexible hours- Flexibility is encouraged and we are offering either full-time or part-time hours.
- Social events- We host regular get-togethers and social events to help you bond with the team.
- Convenient location- Located in central Perth close to public transport.
How to Apply
If you are keen to join the Meercat team, please submit your resume and a cover letter clearly stating what you can bring to the team via SEEK by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?