Advertiser: BDS VirconMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
BDS VirCon is a multinational Building Information Modelling and Detailing firm with a vast track record of iconic projects in Australia, USA and Europe. Its diversity, strong reputation and extensive track record offers a unique opportunity to work in a progressive, innovative firm - a global leader in its niche. BDS is headquartered in South Brisbane with 10 offices across Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
The Application Developer is responsible for developing, troubleshooting and performance-tuning web-based and client server applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques. The Application Developer will be responsible for writing codes according to specifications. Additionally, the Application Developer partners with chief infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
- Develop, test and troubleshoot software to satisfy demand;
- Develop and maintain GUIs using design techniques such as prototyping, wireframe diagramming and UML diagramming;
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based and client / server applications;
- Write test plans and user acceptance testing cases for quality assurance;
- Follow coding standards to ensure consistency across applications;
- Analyse, understand and facilitate business requirements;
- Improve the performance of applications via load and stress testing;
- Create custom ad-hoc reports based on business requests.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (or 4-6 years developer related experience);
- Must be technology savvy, creative and curious with an innate interest in engineering and construction software;
- Experience with CAD/3D software (i.e. Forge, Autocad, Navisworks, Tekla, Revit);
- Experience in deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting production released applications;
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Must be detail-oriented and logical;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative);
- Experience with business and system process flow techniques using UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams);
- Able to write software code in both web and client/server environments using the following:
- Software Languages: .NET(C#),
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, ADO.NET, LINQ),
- Entity Framework / Code First Migrations,
- .NET RESTful Web APIs,
- HTML5, TypeScript, jQuery, CSS,
- Bootstrap & Material UI,
- Angular 6,
- DevExtreme (DevExpress JQuery and/or Angular controls) or Telerik Kendo UI experience;
- Experience in designing graphical user interfaces is highly desirable;
- Ability to work in a small team across different functions and countries;
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek with the following reference:
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
BDS is an equal opportunity provider.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years of front end development experience do you have?