Advertiser: Platform Youth ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
About the business
Platform is a not for profit Community based agency that provides holistic and integrated services to vulnerable young people, their families and communities.
Platform is the lead SHS provider for Young People in the Nepean, Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains and has been operating for over 40 years.
About the role
The Case Worker will work within the Philosophy of the service to ensure that the most appropriate and effective services are provided to young people who are at risk of homelessness or who are experiencing homelessness and where appropriate, their families
We are looking for experienced and dedicated Case Workers to work with a diverse group of young people 12 to 25 years who require different levels of support and who may be at different stages in their journeys towards securing safe, secure and support.
This position could be based in any of Platforms sites across Nepean, Blue Mountains or Hawkesbury areas.
Benefits and perks
- Flexible work conditions and environment
- Great salary packaging options
- Ongoing training and professional development
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Social Work or equivalent;
- Minimum of two years' experience working in the community welfare sector and in a Case Worker position working with young people;
- Demonstrated experience working with Vulnerable Young People in a residential setting or in a housing situation
- Experience working within a Trauma Informed Care Framework with a Strengths Base Approach
- Experience in delivering accidental counselling support in a case management role;
- Demonstrated written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job Description is available on request.
To apply you will need:
- Address all Essential Criteria (no more than 2 pages) as listed to be eligible for an interview.
- Please provide at time of application 2 referees, including phone and email details.
- Current working with Children check information
- Current National Police check
- Current drivers licence
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please email email@example.com
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by: 5pm, 12th February 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?