Part Time Teacher
Advertiser: Woodbury Autism Education and ResearchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2019
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Would you like to work in the only ABA school in Australia?
Woodbury Autism Education and Research is seeking a suitably qualified, enthusiastic Part Time Teacher to join our teaching and learning support team.
- Special Education
- 3 days per week 8:15am-4:21pm
- Teach at all times according to the principles of ABA or other approved evidenced based practiced
- Model positive teaching and behaviour management strategies for Therapy Team
- Create and maintain daily classroom schedule, including assignment of Therapy Team members to students
- Organise classroom to maximize efficiency and success for students and staff
- Lead and manage classroom staff in delivery of behavior management plan and accurate collection of behavioural and academic data
Small Independent school for children with Autism is seeking a part time Teacher.
- Responsible for carrying out non-term time activities, including but not limited to additional training/s, scheduled in-services, accreditation-related activities, organisation of classroom and materials, meetings with Teachers, Clinical Supervisors and Clinical Director, readying timetable/schedule for upcoming term, preparing materials for Full or Partial Program reviews, and updating student files
- Participate in ongoing ABA training, coaching and competency assessments as directed by Clinical Supervisors and Clinical Director (see Teacher ABA Training, Coaching and Competency Assessments policy document)
Woodbury School for Autism offers outstanding educational and related services for students with autism spectrum disorder, Kindergarten to year 6. Our school offers a high degree of structure, excellent staff to student ratio and the systematic use of behavioural teaching techniques. Every aspect of the student’s day incorporates the theories of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) with a large focus on group instruction and the ability to independently and successfully participate in a wider community of social and academic settings. Students are assigned to classrooms based on the level of support they need to be successful within their daily teaching activities. All students participate in some group instruction and the amount of 1:1 teaching is dependent on each individual child’s needs and learning style. A collaborative approach between teaching staff, ABA/ behaviour specialists and speech and language pathology is utilised to maximise student’s progress. Goals related to education, behaviour support, communication, language and functional life skills are customised to meet each child’s needs.
To view the position description and to apply for this exciting role, please click onto our website www.woodbury.org.au
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Successful candidates will be contacted by 15 February 2019.