Analyst - Financial Modelling for Renewable Energy Projects
Advertiser: MaonengMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jan 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Corporate Finance & Investment Banking
About the business
Maoneng Group (Maoneng) is an Australian-Chinese developer, owner and operator of renewable power generation assets.
Maoneng has a development pipeline of 500MW+ of solar farms within Australia and sells energy and large-scale generation certificates (LGCs) to Australian businesses and governments through its projects via a combination of medium and long-term contracts.
Maoneng commissioned the 13MW Mugga Lane Solar Park under the ACT Governments Reverse Solar Auction scheme in November 2016. Maoneng reached Financial Close on 255MWp Sunraysia Solar Farm in October 2018.,
For further information please visit our website: www.maoneng.co
About the role
Your role will include but not limited to running various financial scenarios, analysing and optimising capital structures for utility scale renewable energy projects. You will be working closely with and reporting to the Director for Structured Finance.
Benefits and perks
- Excellent working environment and culture
- Young and dynamic company
- Guidance and training provided
Skills and experience
The candidate must have the following experience:
2+ years' discounted cash flow (DCF) financial modelling experience
from a large scale infrastructure and project finance (non-recourse) background, familiar with concepts such as DSCR, amortisation, interest rate swaps, gearing etc.
expert at excel, with ability to understand and code VBA as required
experience in building a financial model from new or adopting an existing financial model, to satisfy audit and senior lenders, for taking a project to Financial Close
able to evaluate projects based on equity and project IRR hurdle rates.
Experiences in the following areas would be viewed favourably:
renewable energy sector experience, solar in particular
experience in project acquisition, project due diligence and transaction support
- experience in negotiating key commercial terms on contracts including PPA, EPC, grid connection agreements and lender documents
- experience in negotiating Share Purchase Agreements and Joint Venture Agreements.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with financial analysis and modelling?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?