Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jan 2019
- Americas, USA & Canada
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
West African Resources Limited is an ASX and TSX-V listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and subsequent operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.7 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both Underground and Open Pit mines.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Environment Manager to oversee the day to day environmental activities for the Sanbrado site.
Reporting to the Sustainability Manager and working as part of the Sustainability team, the Environment Manager will take the lead environmental role for the Sanbrado Project overseeing the development and operations of environmental process and training.
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Development of Environmental Policies;
- Ensuring that the environmental monitoring programmes are conducted, including interpretation and reporting of results;
- Assisting in the development and work within the Environmental Management Plan, ensuring compliance with permitting, legislation and guidelines;
- Ensuring that the environmental risk register and database is maintained;
- Training and mentoring environmental officers and technicians;
- Ensuring that the Environment Department is equipped to perform functions;
- Promoting good environmental practices and compliance through training and education of Company and site personnel;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local communities and other stakeholders.
The Environment Manager will provide coverage for the Sustainability Manager during their R&R.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Environment professionals with the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualification in in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or related disciplines from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Previous employment history in the West Africa mining sector;
- Significant and recent experience in a similar role during project development and/or in an operating mining environment;
- Bilingual – French / English (highly regarded);
- Previous experience in the development of environmental policies and systems;
- Have the confident and experience to work independently;
- The ability to share knowledge and information in a logical and consultative manner;
- A competent user of Microsoft Office and industry software (MapInfo highly regarded).
Applicants who have achieved or working within an accredited ISO14001 work environment will be highly regarded.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit a brief covering letter (included home location, salary range expectation and availability to commence in the role) and a CV by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.