Advertiser: Autism QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jan 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages with ASD and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Our specialised multi-disciplinary Education Support and Therapy Services team has an opportunity for a qualified, committed and passionate Psychologist to provide professional psychology services to children and adults on the autism spectrum.
This role is being offered on a permanent, full time basis or part time for the right candidate, with potential for flexibility with start and finish times depending on client and service needs.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus.
- Provide support to staff in schools across Queensland to identify and address social, emotional, learning and behavioural issues for students through school meetings, telephone consultation, and web conferencing
- Develop and deliver evidence-based interventions that are responsive to individual client needs and inform development of creative, person-centered solutions for individuals/small groups through centre, school and home-based services
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure their participation in goal setting, planning, decision making and reporting
- Prepare and maintain assessment, observation, meeting, service data, progress records and other documentation as required
- Provide training and information for parents and other professionals in the role of psychology for children and young people on the autism spectrum
- Work collaboratively with other Autism Queensland psychologists to continuously improve the interventions delivered by these professionals and the overall quality of services provided by Autism Queensland
There is scope for the successful candidate to be involved in conducting assessment and diagnosis, behaviour assessment and developing positive behaviour support plans, face to face intervention with individuals and groups, and supporting adult clients, should this be of interest.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology and registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of positive behaviour support and evidence based practice principles
- Knowledge of psychometric, diagnostic and educational assessment practice and procedures
- Case management skills with demonstrated experience in establishing effective helping relationships, conducting assessments, developing intervention plans and working together with clients to provide support and meet identified needs
- Knowledge and experience of a range of intervention strategies relevant to children on the autism spectrum
- Excellent interpersonal and sound written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to person-centred approaches
- Proven ability to maintain work quality and performance during tight schedules
- Experience supporting children on the autism spectrum within an education setting will be highly regarded
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
Please follow the instructions to apply via Seek. Your application should include:
1. a cover letter identifying the position for which you are applying;
2. a current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. details of current professional registration
If this opportunity is of interest to you please apply asap! Telephone enquiries to Human Resources on (07) 3273 0074.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a psychologist?
- What's your expected annual base salary?