- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. Further information can be found at www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced Client Services Officer who is able to build relationships with Autism Queensland’s existing and prospective clients, coordinate and develop AQ services and supports to maximise client access, outcomes and satisfaction.
To access the Position Description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - www.autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional, efficient and informative response to enquiries received via email, phone and other channels
- Maintain client records on AQ’s client database and log client feedback into the Quality system
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all AQ’s services and programs to ensure currency and effectiveness in supporting client enquiries and needs
- Maintain currency of knowledge pertaining to the NDIS and relay information, including conducting or co-presenting NDIS Information sessions for management, staff, and/or clients
- Develop NDIS quotes for AQ clients in consultation with relevant managers
- Assist the Manager Client Services and Support with tasks as directed, keeping the Manager apprised of issues and trends as they arise
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Certificate IV level qualification in Disability Support or other relevant qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the disability sector
- Significant professional experience in the field of autism
- Demonstrated currency of knowledge and proven practical experience of Human Services Quality Framework standards, the NDIS, disability legislation and compliance
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to build effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a team with proven time management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply ASAP via Seek! Your application should include:
1. A cover letter outlining your suitability for this position;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?