Diesel Mechanic or Trade Assistant
Advertiser: DemexMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2019
- Gold Coast
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
DEMEX is a thriving medium size family owned demolition business based in Jacobs Well, QLD, who value and provide the opportunity for a balanced work/family life. As a result of growing operations, we are seeking an additional diesel mechanic to join our team. Our workshop is based on the northern end of the Gold Coast offering opportunities to those based in Brisbane and the wider Gold Coast area.
The best applicant would be reliable and willing to work within a team of staff who service and repair heavy machinery (excavators and specialised attachments, hook trucks and semi tippers and small engines) in a fast paced environment.
Day-today duties and responsibilities:
- Service, maintain, diagnose and repair heavy machinery and equipment in an efficient, safe and organised manner.
- Take pride in company equipment and vehicle presentation.
- Work collaboratively within the workshop/company and be able to take direction from team leaders and management.
- Record keeping including but not limited to maintenance and repairs performed, daily activities, stock levels, ordering and weekly planing.
To be considered, you MUST have the following skills and qualifications:
- Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification (Australian recognised Trade Certificate)
- Current Australian Manual Drivers License (MC/MC preferred)
- General Construction Induction Card
- Experience on heavy duty trucks and trailers including side tippers
- Experience on mobile equipment
- Sound experience in repair, service and maintenance.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to safety.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.
Desirable skills and experience
- Hydraulic qualification or experience preferred
- Welding experience an advantage
- Air Conditioning ticket
- Auto electronics experience
- Computer literacy an advantage however not a deal breaker
Initially this is a casual position with hours likely to range between 38 and 50 per week. Career development within the company may be an opportunity for the successful applicant as they grow with the business and/or partake in training opportunities and upskilling.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?