- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- $75,407 + super
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Lifeline Darling Downs & South West Qld are an established leading not for profit employer of choice providing a suite of services to individuals and families in the thriving developing regional centre of Toowoomba.
The roles (4)
The Community Connections Program was initiated in response to ongoing drought conditions across Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, South Burnett, Western Downs, Cherbourg, Goondiwindi and Southern Downs. Drought has significant negative impacts on the mental health of individuals and communities.
This Program aims to build community-based resilience and referral skills development through training community members across the affected region with the skills they need to be gatekeepers and referrers. These positions will be responsible for leading and delivering the resilience and referral skills training program within the designated drought affected communities.
- $75K+ super
- Salary Packaging
- Full time / Part time negotiable
- Contract to 30 June 2020
- Position based in Toowoomba
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Degree in Human Services or related field.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and deliver community awareness activities.
- Experience in project delivery including managing program workflow and reporting.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders applying asset based community development strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychological distress and how this can impact on a person’s social and emotional wellbeing.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills both verbal and written, with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively support the Values, Principles and Purposes of LDDSQWL.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of Employment Equity, Ethical Conduct and Work Health & Safety.
- Current Queensland “C” class drivers licence.
To apply for this position you will need to obtain an application pack. To do this or to ask any questions related to these positions please contact :
Jodie Edge at Lifeline Darling Downs & South West Queensland Limited on firstname.lastname@example.org or 4699 1683
Applications must be submitted to this email address by no later than 5pm on Friday 15 February 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.