Advertiser: DBM Vircon Services (Australia) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Corporate & Commercial Law
PDC is a highly experienced global steel detailing and Building Information Modelling (BIM) company who is a subsidiary of a NYSE listed company and part of the DBM Vircon group. Based in Australia, the DBM Vircon group has international offices in the Philippines, Thailand, India, New Zealand, the UK and North America.
This is an ideal opportunity for a legal/commerce graduate or a junior contracts/commercial lawyer or who is seeking to enter a team environment and benefit from long term investment in career development.
Working closely with senior management, you will have exposure to a wide variety of domestic and international high profile projects.
This entry-level role is responsible for ensuring contractual and commercial matters are properly and effectively handled and reported.
The role would incorporate a wide variety of tasks. Some key duties would include:
- Contributing to and reviewing contract conditions and scopes of work;
- Preparing and reviewing contractual documents;
- Ensuring project contractual requirements are adhered to;
- Assisting with project administration, including reviewing project status reports and timesheet administration;
- Supporting Project Managers and the Contracts Manager with commercial and contractual project issues including variations, claims, disputes and subcontract administration;
- Assisting with project cost reporting, monitoring budgets, preparing progress claims and invoicing; and
- Assisting with proposal and tender documentation.
Required Skills / Experience
- Proactive, goal orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet the DBM Vircon group's and its clients' needs.
- Ability to work and manage multiple tasks at any given time.
- Have the ability and resilience to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft suite of programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in law or commerce.
- Applicants with previous experience in similar roles or construction law would be highly regarded.
- A good understanding of project financial budgeting and an ability to work in a supporting capacity to Project Managers to ensure projects are completed within budget and project specification.
- Subcontractor management experience would be an advantage.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in corporate & commercial law?