- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
The Brisbane Airport Hotels Group encompasses the Pullman, Novotel and ibis Brisbane Airport Hotels, as well as the Brisbane Airport Conference Centre. With 375 guest rooms, 3 restaurants, Rooftop Bar & Restaurant, Executive Lounge and 12 meeting spaces collectively totalling 1800m2. Located at the Brisbane Airport Domestic Terminal, it is the first accommodation and meeting and event space to be developed in this precinct.
Brisbane Airport Hotels Group is currently seeking a Maintenance Handyman to join our Maintenance team. This is a critical position in the team and will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor & Maintenance Manager of the hotels & conference centre.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Predominantly carrying out preventative maintenance focusing on painting and plastering throughout the Hotel.
- Assisting the Maintenance team when required with day to day duties.
- Complete daily rounds and note repairs any equipment that may appear or sound faulty.
- Carry out maintenance on mechanical equipment and water reticulation to ensure acceptable availability and reliability.
- Ensure all equipment is used, stored and maintained correctly.
- Assist in keeping up to date records on the repair and maintenance of plant & equipment.
- On completion of daily rounds sign off any relevant section of maintenance manuals.
- Liaise with supervisor / manager / contractor regarding all work in guest rooms and public areas to ensure out of order areas of the hotel are brought back into use as soon as possible.
- Complete all tasks where possible within the required time frame once the request is received.
- Report back on the completion, or delay, of any task that is guest related.
- The recording of all maintenance tasks performed complete and incomplete including any necessary reports in reference to repairs and preventative schedules.
- Ensure the external areas of the hotel are neat and tidy and maintained.
- Maintain gym equipment in safe working order according to manufacturer specifications.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- Trade qualification in painting will be an advantage.
- Technical background with maintenance experience.
- Hotel maintenance experience
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as the ability to multi task.
- Available to carry our emergency maintenance work outside of normal working hours.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fire systems.
We thank all interested parties in advance for their application, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected annual base salary?