Brewery technician and restaurant manager
Advertiser: Aotearoa Breweries NZ LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rest of Bay of Plenty
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
About the business
We are a small family owned and operated brewery based in whakatane, NZ. We brew and bottle all our Mata Beers on site, and also have an on-site Tasting Room / Cafe at our Brewery.
About the role
This is a full time position & is a challenging role that requires an individual to be skilled in many areas including working in our Tasting Room / Cafe and undertaking Brewery & Bottling operations of our Beer & Cider. We are a small business so this role requires a flexible & dynamic individual willing to undertake a number of various duties.
- Managing staff & operations in our Tasting Room / Cafe
- Acting as the Duty Manager
- Ensure excellent customer service is achieved
- Involved in promoting our Brewery / Tasting Room via social media & other outlets
- Serving customers & preparing food orders in the kitchen when required
- Perform opening & closing duties including cash reconciliations for our point of sale system
- Involved in new menu creations & costing out new menu items
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work well in a small team environment
- Involved in the Brewing, filtration & packaging operations of our small commercial brewery. Experience is essential
- Capably of trouble shooting & solving problems / maintenance of brewing equipment as required
- Flexible with working hours, work includes weekends
Skills and experience
Full Drivers Licence
Current General managers certificate and at least two years experience in a managerial hospitality role
Trade or brewers qualification
Must have at least one year experience either in food manufacturing or in a trade for example plumber etc.
Experience as a Brewer or Brewery assistant in a small commercial Brewery is an advantage
Individual must be Fit & capable of heaving lifting
Must be able to work weekends and be very flexible with hours
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have as a restaurant manager?