Cafe Manager - new cafe The Feathers
Advertiser: Australian Catering ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
An opportunity exists for a dynamic Café Manager to join our team located on site at the brand-new Queensland State Netball Centre, Nathan.
- Exciting new venue
- Permanent part time
- Close to public transport
Our staff are the face of Australian Catering Services (ACS) (www.australiancatering.com.au) and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients. This position will provide exceptional customer service to clients, both internal and external. Includes the preparation, display and service of food and beverages, daily banking/cash up and ordering of supplies for "The Feathers" café.
We are looking for a Café superstar with flair and creativity, a passion for fantastic food and a willingness to work in a positive team environment. Reporting directly to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for daily café operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Barista duties
- Day to day production of all cafe requirements
- Receiving of goods/storage of food
- Ensuring the highest standards of food presentation & creativity
- Ordering and replenishing stock
- Rostering and staff training
- Clean up and area maintenance
- Food & cash handling
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Previous café and bar experience
- The ability to provide high quality customer service in a catering environment
- Previous sandwich/salad artist experience (desirable)
- Advanced barista skills, knowledge of the Merlo way will be an advantage.
- The ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Excellent communication skills and impeccable personal presentation
- Strong knowledge of food handling and hygiene principles
- Good numeracy skills to perform cash handling/cash up and banking.
- Behaviors that align with Australian Catering Services’ core values of "Consistency, Value and Passion."
- Must have own transport and driving license
- Must have a current RSA; RMLV desirable
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts ranging between the hours of 6.00am - 10.00pm; 7 days/week
- Must have full rights to work in Australia
If you are ready to take on this exciting new challenge, work as an important part of a new venue and can start immediately, we would like to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Do you have customer service experience?