Advertiser: Sunstate Cement LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
As one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of high quality cementitious products, Sunstate Cement supplies to the building materials industry throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales. With an annual capacity of over 1.5 million tonnes, Sunstate has a proud history as a major contributor to building the infrastructure in SEQ over the past 35 years.
An opportunity exists for a HSE leader to join the team at our Port of Brisbane site - a leader who is passionate about safety and with the goal of achieving a Zero Harm workplace.
About the Role…
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the Health, Safety and Environment at Sunstate. In this role, you will drive a culture of excellence in HSE, and build robust relationships with key stakeholders from the shop-floor to senior management and our external partners. As the sole HSE resource in the business, this is a hands-on, visible leadership role where your expertise and passion will shape beliefs and drive behaviours. Key accountabilities:
- Champion a Zero Harm philosophy through visible, felt leadership and a focus on behaviours
- Promote a risk-based approach to managing a safe and clean workplace
- Deliver and drive continuous improvement initiatives across the HSE functions
- Work collaboratively with business teams and individuals; lead the Safety Committee
- Lead incident investigation process; analysing statistics, identifying trends, recommending improvements and implementing actions to proactively reduce risk within the workplace
- Facilitate Company health initiatives, on-boarding program and safety activities and events
- Workplace Rehabilitation Coordination and D&A testing program
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the HSE fields including legislation, regulations, guidelines and best practice
To be successful in this role you will have the belief that Zero Harm is achievable and that every injury or environmental incident is preventable. You will have worked in a similar role in a continuous manufacturing environment with a working understanding of the application of risk management, assessment and control. Ideally educated to degree or diploma level, you will have a demonstrated track record and solid understanding of the statutory requirements within the HSE disciplines relating to a manufacturing setting. You will have proven communication skills, and the leadership attributes to influence behaviours and drive cultural change beyond being legally compliant. Below are the key qualifications, skills and abilities of the role:
- Proven track record of implementing successful change in an organisational environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in HSE leadership in manufacturing, construction or mining
- Sound knowledge of HSE legislation, and related regulations, systems and processes
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, and to lead and influence people
- A highly developed customer- centric approach and the capacity to understand and apply a commercial focus
- Ability to act and behave consistent with Sunstate's values
- Tertiary level qualification in HSE management or related field(s)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment is desirable
About the Offer….
You will be working for a business who is a clear leader in their space with a strong safety and team culture. In addition to a negotiated salary, benefits include training & development opportunities and free on-site physio and health checks.
Contact details. If you are confident you have the necessary skills and experience, and are interested to join the team at Sunstate Cement, you should apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Applications must demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria in a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with a CV (max 2-3 pages), listing relevant skills and experience.
Sunstate Cement values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Short-listed applicants will be subject to Sunstate Cement's Recruitment Process including full medical (with drug and alcohol screen) and may be asked to undertake a personality profile.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia & the successful candidate will be required to provide proof.
Closing date Monday 18th February 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- What's your highest level of education?