Advertiser: Ramelius Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2019
- Northam & Wheatbelt
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Ramelius Resources is an ASX listed company and established Australian gold producer that operates the Vivien, Mt Magnet and Edna May gold mines and associated processing plants in Western Australia. The company has enjoyed significant success in recent years with increased gold production and the addition of new mining projects. It has a number of exploration projects both in Western Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland.
This position is located at the Edna May Operation which operates both open pit and underground mines. The project is located near the town of Westonia in Western Australia.
Reporting to the General Manager, key responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide management and leadership to the HSET Department
- Strategic planning and implementation that will drive incident prevention across the Operation
- Promote a safety focused culture that fosters employee participation
- Ensure the Operation is continually working within its relevant legal and statutory obligations
- Assist the Management Team to deliver timely investigations and mitigating actions
Preferred candidates will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety (minimum)
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Cert III in Metalliferous Mining Operations (or equivalent)
- First Aid qualification
- Incident Investigation qualification
- Technical and working knowledge of relevant mining and environmental legislation
- Working knowledge of the DMIRS Safety Regulation System
- Exposure to both open pit and underground mining methodology
- 2 to 5 years engineering experience in an open cut environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- An absolute commitment to safety and the environment
Applicants must be Australian residents and hold a manual drivers licence.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately and applicants should apply via SEEK. Applications close 22 February 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT RAMELIUS RESOURCES, PLEASE REFER TO OUR WEBSITE:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you familiar with the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) standards?
- Which of the following Work Health & Safety qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?