- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland is one of Australia's most experienced providers of specialised education, therapy and support services for people with ASD and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Our Education Support and Therapy Services team has multiple opportunities for experienced teachers looking to join a team of allied health professionals and registered teachers primarily providing consultancy services throughout Queensland to schools, families and other professionals as they support individuals with a diagnosis of ASD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver through centre-based and outreach services, strategies and programs for individuals/small groups to support educational goals, curriculum access, learning engagement, behavior support, social participation and classroom management
- Provide consultative support through school meetings, telephone consultation, parent meetings and web conferencing
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure their participation in goal setting, planning, decision making and reporting
- Prepare and maintain assessment, observation, meeting, service data and progress records as required
- Provide training and information in the area of ASD for educators, parents, other professionals and support staff
Frequent intra-state travel is a large component of these roles, with travel of up to 5 days per trip approximately 3 to 4 times per quarter.
These positions are based at both Sunnybank Hills and Brighton with a requirement to work across both sites.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in Teaching (Early Childhood or Special Education qualification desirable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Teacher, preferably in Early Childhood or Special Education
- Demonstrated understanding of and proven experience in implementing contemporary methodologies in education and positive behaviour support for children with ASD or other developmental challenges, and their families
- Proven knowledge of child and adolescent development and learning
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the design and implementation of direct (individual and/or group) and consultation-based intervention which is responsive to the individual needs of children/young people, their families, and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with families and professionals in addressing the additional needs of children and young people with ASD or other disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an inter-disciplinary and/or trans-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, professionals and other stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest please apply asap!
Please follow the instructions to apply via Seek. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the position for which you are applying;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
Telephone enquiries to Human Resources on (07) 3273 0074
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?