Operations Assistant - Casual Labour
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
About the Role
We are seeking applications to fill several casual positions to support site operations through livestock handling and sale day activities at our CVLX Ballarat site.
We seek people experienced with livestock and motivated team players to join our existing team of skilled employees to contribute to the sites’ success in the delivery of business operations and services.
An Operations Assistant is required to undertake the following duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- Assist with the accounting and administration of sale day activity as required;
- Assist in sale day activities when and where required including:
- Reconcile animals sold and delivered;
- Undertake feeding of livestock;
About AAM Investment Group
AAM Investment Group structures, operates and manages investments across agriculture, rural and commercial property and regionally based infrastructure with a focus on improved investment performance through operational and technological efficiencies, and enhanced asset management. We welcome innovation and reward performance.
To be successful the ideal candidates will possess:
- Livestock handling experience essential;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of animal welfare and safe work practices in a sale yard environment;
- Driver licence essential, HR licence desirable;
- Ability to undertake manual activities and meet the physical demands of a sale yard working environment;
- Ability to take direction, follow policies and procedures and work well in a team as well as unsupervised;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including employees, customers, agents and contractors; and
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the key responsibilities in the position description, along with a copy of your current resume.
For a full copy of the position descriptions and more information, please visit our website at www.aamig.com.au/careers
The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?