Advertiser: Spring Forward Family CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Spring Forward Family Centre is an ever-expanding children's multi-disciplinary therapy clinic dedicated to a high standard of evidence-based care. Our centre has excellent facilities including a large sensory motor room, 6 other spaces, plus a large range of resources and equipment.
We are looking for a part-time Paediatric Counsellor to join us. You will be working within a vibrant and passionate team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Psychologists, and supported by an experienced administrative team.
Professional development is encouraged and supported both with weekly in-services and a continuing education allowance.
Reporting to the Psychology Team Leader, you’ll plan, deliver and evaluate person-centred counselling services that deliver choice and control to participants. Amongst other duties, key responsibilities will include:
- Assessment and treatment of children
- Use a strengths-based approach to develop, plan and evaluate counselling services and recommendations that reflect the needs and goals of the children and their families.
- Providing evidence-based interventions for participants presenting with a wide range of conditions and syndromes.
- Provide both individual and group intervention programs to achieve maximum independence and participation in activities important to the client.
- Working closely with families to provide support and education.
- Collaboration with professional colleagues to maximise developmental outcomes and independence for children and their families.
- Recognised qualification in Counselling by PACFA.
- Contractors welcome to apply.
- Strong clinical experience with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in paediatric therapy.
- Experience working with children 0-18 years.
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of children from infancy to adolescence and proficient using a range of standardised assessment tools.
- A sound understanding of a range of paediatric conditions.
- Excellent clinical reasoning for planning and implementing individual therapy sessions.
- Experience in disability and knowledge of the NDIS (preferred).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication with children, parents and team peers.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Committed to professional development.
- Excellent time management, organisational, computer and communication skills.
- Working with Children Check.
- CPR and first aid certification.
- National Police Check.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence & willingness to use own car for work purposes.
Working as part of Spring Forward’s team, you will enjoy a values-based organisation with benefits including:
- Rewarding pay rates.
- Training and education allowance.
- Exciting career paths.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities.
- Service discounts.
- Paid insurance, memberships and more.
This is a part-time position with the potential to transition to full-time.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV with a short cover letter telling us a bit about yourself.
Only applicants who meet the above criteria will be considered for this position.
Click apply now to register your interest in this exciting position.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Leah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Forward Family Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be an Australian resident to apply.
Recruitment Agencies please do not inquire.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?