- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Funds Management
- Melbourne Based CBD Position near Parliament Station
- Job Share 3 days per week
- Tight Knit supportive team.
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
This position supports the Australian Investment Accounting team and is responsible for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reporting, regulatory reporting and tax reporting to a diverse range of investment manager and superannuation fund clients. The position reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax.
- Preparation and review of Financial statements and templates
- Preparation and review of Trust distributions, Superannuation fund tax provisions, tax returns, BAS returns
- Manage audit queries to resolution
- Establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements are met and allow the team build the relationship further
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core processes and procedures, ensuring they are updated with changes in regulations and industry trends
- Work closely with other teams to achieve client reporting objectives – Unit Pricing, Business Process Analysts, Client Services, Operations and Technology
- Provide oversight of off shore teams’ output and performance
- CA or CPA qualified
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree qualified
- At least 4 years of relevant experience within Financial Services Accounting
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here.
The closing date to apply for this role is 5th March 2019 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?