- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
At Foxtel, we’re bringing television to Australians like never before. Our mission is to provide Australia’s best value streamed and live sport, movies, drama, news and entertainment experience.
We work as a team, we’re agile and we’re accountable. We put the customer first and we’re passionate about what we do. We have fun and we’re different, better, special.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Analyst to join our Product & Strategy team. You will have an enquiring mind and draw on your experience in Strategic/Commercial roles, as well as any exposure to Marketing / Sales / Finance/ Data Analytics / Customer Service to provide support to the business.
You will work on and help deliver strategic projects within distinct portfolios across the business (including corporate strategy, monetization and portfolio and business transformation) demonstrating genuine influence on senior management decisions.
- Have an overall understanding, insight and opinion on industry trends and developments
- Help identify and analyse growth opportunities for Foxtel and work within the strategy team and cross functionally to operationalise these insights & opportunities.
- Work closely with Data, Finance, Product, Sales & Marketing teams to inform proposition development: helping to develop the right product suite, with the right price points in order to meet market demands
- Proactively identify the key strategic issues facing the business and identify innovative ways to drive through to resolution
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – contribute to the dialogue and debate on key strategic issues, facilitate peer level discussions with confidence and consciously adapt style for different audiences
- Generate and report key recommendations through effective oral and written presentations to Senior Strategy Team members and other Director level senior executives.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a commercial / strategy role, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Management consulting background is preferred but not essential.
- Media Industry experience would be looked on favourably.
- Strong Excel modelling and data analysis/manipulation skills are essential. Skilled financial assessment and business case development is desirable.
- Superior written communication skills in preparing and writing papers and creating Powerpoint presentations is essential.
- Business partnering and people management skills are preferable.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and conceptual thinking along with business acumen is essential.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complicated concepts simply and concisely.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to liaise confidently and effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage a number of projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
We have a benefits program with something for everyone. But we’re in the entertainment business and we connect Australians to all the stories they love, so what would a Foxtel benefits program be without a free Foxtel subscription and discounted broadband!
Above all, we love entertainment and, if you do too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please click ‘Apply now’.