Cultural Safety Advisor
Advertiser: Ballarat & District Aboriginal Co-operativeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- $30 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
The Cultural Safety Advisor position will work closely with the Family Violence service system in the Central Highlands region to ensure they provide a culturally safe and responsive service for Aboriginal people. The position will build on the experience, knowledge, and cultural awareness of local community organisations to enhance and/or tailor the way they provide services for Aboriginal people.
The Cultural Safety Advisor will work within the BADAC Family Violence Program and align with BADAC’s wraparound model of care taking into account the multi-conceptual principles of social and emotional wellbeing, connection to land, culture, family, community, spirituality, physical and mental wellbeing.
Full time - 37.5 hours per week position. Fixed term 12 Month position.
Applications close on 21/02/2019.
All applications are to include a cover letter and resume addressing the selection criteria (see below). or further information please contact Stacey Gafa (Personal Assistant to the Director of HR and Governance) on 53315344
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, or related disciplines are desirable.
- Sound knowledge of the issues and needs of the local Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with Aboriginal organisations, communities and individuals.
- Sound awareness of barriers faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people accessing family violence and other supports in the community services sector.
- High developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to write and present quality learning and development material.
- Demonstrated experience in the co-ordination and facilitation of learning programs that meet participant and organisational needs.
- Sound organisational and time management skills including the ability to plan and organise workload to ensure outcomes are achieve, prioritise multiple tasks and work to deadlines.
A copy of the Full position Description is available on the BADAC website - https://www.badac.net.au/employment/
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?