Experience Designer (UX/UI) - 6 month contract
Advertiser: AlephMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Product Management & Development
We are looking for a self-starting, versatile UI designer to help us on a client side project. The ideal candidate needs to be skilled across all the ‘design end’ of Experience Design activities. The initial engagement will be six months with a view to extension. You will be based in the CBD at the client’s office and work in a cross-functional, partly remote team.
Duties you’ll perform might include:
- Business requirements gathering
- Paper prototyping
- Creating user flows
- Advising on best practice IA (unvalidated)
- Creating iterated interactive prototypes
- Contributing to formal Design Reviews
- Showcasing your work regularly to stakeholders
- Giving clearly articulated UX/ UI advice to the tech delivery team
- Designing hi-fidelity screens according to channels and platforms, project requirements and specifications
- Working within specified brand guidelines and contributing to a Design System
- Ensuring the solution responds to the brief and can be achieved within the given timeframe
- Actioning feedback provided by project teams and provide additional design solutions (as appropriate) to improve the customer experience (based on best practice UX)
- Documenting design components for developers, and work with them to systematically and efficiently make design improvements
- Working with developers to fine-tune designs during build
Skills you’ll need:
- Self starting
- Highly organised
- Systems thinker
- Clear and concise articulation
- Sketch awesomeness
- Invision awesomeness
- Principle skills (or appetite for learning it)
- JIRA/ Confluence mastery
- Champion for voice of the user
- UX appreciation/ vernacular (UX skills are a bonus)
Experience you’ll need:
- Working in an agile delivery team
- Have worked in a large enterprise
- Have worked in finance (bonus points)
- Have worked with Design Systems
- Have worked autonomously as sole designer in squad
- Have worked with a remote technical team (bonus points)
Fixed Term employment contract or Day Rate contract agreement.
If you’re interested in this role, please email your resume and link to your folio to email@example.com
Must be Australian citizen or Permanent Resident to apply.
Candidates submitted via recruitment agents will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have working in an agile environment?