Advertiser: The Eastern Golf ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Would you like to work in a boutique professional environment?
The Eastern Golf Club requires a skilled, enthusiastic & hardworking Sous Chef to join our award winning culinary team.
The Club has been open at its new home in the Yarra Valley for 3 1/2 years and has already developed an enviable reputation for the quality of the food served 7 days a week.
The Club offers members a 27 hole + 9-hole par 3 Greg Norman Golf Course Designed course, gymnasium, stunning clubhouse with formal, casual and event dining areas, adult and kids games rooms plus boutique 4 ½ star accommodation (www.yeringcottages.com.au).
The hospitality facilities include a 150 person function room, private dining room for 60 guests, members lounge for 100 members, board room for 14 guests and conference facility for 80 guests. In additional to the clubs indoor dining options, the 600 acre property lends itself to a high degree of flexible outdoor dining options also.
You will be a part of the team that will create an exciting food and beverage offering for members in the Yarra Valley to enjoy in both formal and casual dining settings. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to join our culinary team.
The successful candidate must have
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of communication skills with staff, management and public
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to maintain a strong team spirit
- 3-4 years experience in a similar environment including functions and events
- Salary $55K plus negotiable with successful candidate
To apply, please forward through a covering letter and resume explaining why you would like to work for The Eastern Golf Club culinary team and what attributes make you an outstanding and committed applicant.
Mr Derek Hitt
Food & Beverage Manager
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience training & managing kitchen staff?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?