Advertiser: Gallang Place Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Gallang Place Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation was established in 1994 to address trans-generational trauma and loss experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in the SEQ region.
Gallang Place provides counselling and support services for emotional and social health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Gallang Place is a not-for-profit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation based in Cannon Hill.
The successful candidate must be reliable and responsible. The Client Support Coordinator is expected to be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. The core duties are outlined below however other duties may be assigned at a later date.
Specific duties include, but a not limited to:
- Maintain high standard of communication, conflict resolution skills to form positive rapport with clients and stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain quality client systems, data entry, referral and intake processes.
- Work collaboratively with all employees and programs to ensure client allocations are processed and prioritised efficiently and correctly.
- Work diligently and efficiently to ensure all client / group sessions are organised and prioritised accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships with other agencies to ensure clients are supported to access appropriate services.
- Manage client expectations and priorities to ensure client needs are met and assigned to most appropriate program and employee.
- Participate in client strategic planning processes to improve client experience.
- Identify performance issues, administrative processes that require further development, resources or skills development.
- Provide timely written and oral updates / reports / statistics as required to satisfy Gallang Place’s reporting requirements and funding agreements.
- Develop and maintain professional work standards, which includes commitment to Gallang Place Clinical Governance: maintaining confidentiality and privacy; protecting client rights, professional development, and integrity of service delivery and practice.
- Participate in organisational development, planning, reviews as required.
- Familiarise and follow guidelines as set out in the Policies and Procedures Manual and undertake activities as directed by management.
- Must possess a Suitability Card from the Commission for Children, Young People and Child Guardian.
- Perform any other activities or duties as requested by your team manager.
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years experience in administration;
- Must possess a current drivers licence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of word and excel;
- Excellent time management and customer service skills;
- Excellent organisational skills / prioritising tasks effectively;
- Work well within a team environment;
- Flexible and with an ability to use your initiative.
- Certificate III or higher in administration
- Knowledge of Redicase and Fixus Systems
- Understanding of Queensland Correctional Services processes
What we offer YOU:
- Experience in a Not-For-Profit, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community based organisation
- Possibility of professional development opportunities
This position has been identified as a genuine occupational requirement that it be filled by an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person as permitted by and arguable under sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
If you feel you would be suited to this position please forward a cover letter and resume by Thursday 28th February 2019 in writing via the link provided.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration assistant?