Advertiser: Baltimore Aircoil AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Baltimore Aircoil Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Baltimore Aircoil Company, the worldwide manufacturer and marketer of cooling towers, closed circuit coolers, evaporative condensers, hybrid wet/dry and ice thermal storage products that conserve resources and respect the environment.
We have a great opportunity for a Product Engineer to join our Regional Engineering team at our manufacturing facility and head office located at Somersby on the NSW Central Coast.
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager, this newly created role is responsible for providing detailed product configuration and technical support for our existing customised product range as well as for the local introduction of new global products.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing plant for product orders with special customer requirements.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Applications Engineer to ensure customer specifications can be translated to effective and efficient manufacture.
- Support, and lead where required, the introduction of global products to the local market including adaptation of design, review of manufacturing processes and training of other employees through the value chain.
- Help define and implement “best practice” for product engineering to promote standardisation across Engineering functions within Australia and other regions, including meeting or exceeding AS/NZ standards, and BAC standards for safety and quality (to ISO9001).
- Provide cross functional technical support for day-to-day problem solving
- Undertake the testing, prototyping and approvals for improvements to design, materials or processes relevant to the engineering field.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or related discipline,
- 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant engineering role,
- Working knowledge of Autodesk software (AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault),
- Advanced knowledge and application of Microsoft Word and Excel,
- The ability to interpret and analyse technical data, and
- The ability to connect with our values of safety, innovation and sustainability.
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience in the HVAC would be advantageous.
- Technical expertise in product design, MRP systems, drive systems.
You will be an excellent communicator, and have a strong desire to learn, grow and succeed in this role and with BAC.
In return you will be rewarded with a friendly, exciting and supportive work environment that offers ongoing development opportunities, flexibility, and a competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience.
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please apply now including a cover letter with your resume. Telephone queries can be directed to 02 43409029.
Please note you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Baltimore Aircoil Company sustainability commitments - https://bacsustainability.com/
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?