Accounts Admin Clerk (Bookkeeper)
Advertiser: GG EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $45,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
About GG Engineering
GG Engineering is a leading manufacturer of equine exercise equipment and infrastructure. We offer our products and services predominantly in the equine racing industry. Our products include equine treadmills, walking machines, ambulances, and stables. We pride ourselves in manufacturing and distributing high quality equipment and providing exceptional service supporting the equine racing industry. Our clients include some of the most well-known horse racing trainers in Australia and around the globe. We are a relatively small team (10 staff) with a strong focus on staff welfare and supporting individuals in succeeding by achieving responsible independence in the role.
GG Engineering are seeking an individual to fulfill a dual role; Accounts & Business Administration Clerk. This role has previously been fulfilled on a part-time basis, we are seeking an individual that will assert themselves, seeking ways to best assist the management team with any spare capacity during the week. We anticipate this may include an element of purchasing or assisting with small projects and orders. The role with GG Engineering, being a relatively small company, is ideal for a dynamic and assertive individual who will seek ways to best contribute in the team environment and assist with identifying company needs and finding solutions. Below is a general overview of the predominant requirements:
- Payroll management
- Filing, reception and general clerical
- Entering and remitting accounts payable, raising and sending invoices
- Debtor follow up when required
- Liaising with our accountant and assisting with BAS lodgement
- Project and purchasing assistant or similar (in spare capacity only, subordinated to the above responsibilities)
- Experience in book keeping, ideally experience using Xero accounting software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Personal organisation and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Clerical experience or otherwise confidence in ability to take on clerical responsibilities
- Accounting experience.
- Equine knowledge.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software (we are currently migrating to Xero).
- Any exposure in workshop/manufacturing environments.
GG Engineering has to Offer:
- A friendly and supportive workplace that is committed to helping you grow and succeed in your role.
- Situated on Melbourne's south-eastern fringe (Koo Wee Rup), minimal traffic in the area and a ‘country’ workplace environment.
- Opportunity to expand your skills.
- $45,000 - $60,000 - based on skills and experience
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and your resume in Word or PDF format via Seek by 5.00 PM, Monday, 25th of February.