Editor / Senior editor
Advertiser: Plain English FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Plain English Foundation is Australia’s top plain English editing and training provider, and we champion transparent and ethical public language. We work with government, corporate and not-for-profit clients out of our Sydney CBD office.
As we are growing, we are seeking more than one editor for in-house positions. We are open to people with a range of experience. If you have the skills required to be a senior editor, you will support other editors in a small team and review their work. Salary will be based on experience.
Our work is ideal for professionally qualified, technically proficient editors who love making content clear, helpful and relevant. We will mentor and support you, but you need some relevant experience to start with.
- have experience working with complex content
- demonstrate substantive structural editing skills (not just copyediting)
- have advanced skills in MS Word, including working with styles, tables and templates
- be experienced in delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
- be able to handle busy workflows
- be confident and comfortable talking to clients.
You also need:
- a university degree
- editing qualifications or trade or workplace editing experience
- an excellent knowledge of grammar
- intermediate skills in Excel and Acrobat
- great time management and scheduling skills.
Skills in document design, such as using InDesign, are also relevant for our work.
We test short-listed applicants on skills directly relevant to the job.
We will only review applications with a covering letter or email.
To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian citizen or resident or have an appropriate visa.
PEF reference - PEF-ECT-E-2-18
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?