Accountant (3 days per week)Private Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
An opportunity exists for an experienced Accountant to join this growing industrial real estate manager.
Who are we?
Located in the centre of Sydney's CBD, we are a funds management company specialising in the acquisition and on-going management of industrial property. The company currently manages 9 properties and is looking to expand.
The culture is friendly and relaxed, with a flexible attitude to work-life balance. There is a strong focus on competence, reliability and initiative.
What is the role?
This role is responsible for providing timely and accurate accounts across multiple entities, to support the business, along with providing additional assistance to the GM Finance & Company Secretary where requested.
More specifically, the Accountant’s duties include:
- Accounts Payable;
- Accounts Receivable:
- Bank reconciliations;
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations;
- Quarterly reporting;
- ATO reporting (eg. GST and PAYG);
- Assisting with year end close.
Who are you?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Some knowledge of accounting and taxation requirements (an accounting degree is required);
- Prior experience using Xero (ideal but not essential);
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong administration and organisational skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative;
- Ability to manage time effectively.
What's on offer?
The successful candidate will be offered a market competitive remuneration package, commensurate with his/her skills and experience. The initial offer will be a permanent part time role of 24 hours per week, with the potential to grow with the business.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?