Graduate / Junior Systems Engineer
Advertiser: Clearbox SystemsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- $60,000 - $79,999 commensurate with experience.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Systems Engineering
About the business
Clearbox Systems is a technology company focused on developing new approaches and techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
We specialise in:
- Equipment and Sensor Monitoring and Control (M&C) to consolidate operations of equipment and sensors into a single user interface.
- Spectrum Monitoring and Management to provide automatic monitoring and surveillance of spectrum with advanced measurement techniques.
- Network Management and Operational Support Systems to provide operational context to equipment and spectrum resources that enable service delivery.
- Real-time Signal Processing using CPU to reduce reliance on proprietary hardware and increase flexibility.
- Systems Integration and Support Services to deliver turn-key systems using best-of-breed components to reduce total cost of ownership.
About the role
In this role you will be a key member of the integration and support team located in Canberra. This includes implementation, integration, test and support of our software systems for commercial and defence projects. This is a great development opportunity to build expertise across a wide remit of equipment and systems.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Proactive participation in implementation, integration, test and support activities.
- Debugging of issues, isolating root cause of issues and partnering with development team or suppliers on problem resolution.
- Direct liaison with customers during integration and test phase of project delivery, including travel to customer sites.
- Direct liaison with customers during support periods to assist with faults, including travel to customer sites.
- Direct liaison with equipment manufacturers for equipment protocol documentation and related issues.
- Execution of a structured engineering program to ensure traceability between requirements, design, products and test.
Benefits and perks
You will be working from our secure Fyshwick facility that has easy parking and plenty of food options.
Hours are flexible and we are focused on ensuring we have enough people to do the work in normal working hours. No one wants to spend their life in the office.
There is opportunity for structured professional development and very early in your employment you will have the opportunity to be the lead engineer for your own projects.
There are regular company funded lunches, coordinate charity efforts (currently Red Cross blood donations) and more...
Skills and experience
Skills and experience
- Seeking recent graduates or early career professionals with an Engineering degree.
- Coding, scripting and compiling experience on Unix and Windows platforms. Some background in programming in either C / C++ or Java.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills. A working knowledge of communications and broadcast equipment would greatly assist to achieve this.
- You will be sponsored for an Australian Government Security Clearance therefore you must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible to apply for this position. Only applicants with an Australian Citizenship will be considered.
The role is not all about the technical aptitude, we want people who are interesting, curious and passionate and that get a thrill out of solving tricky problems. When applying for roles with us or if you are invited for an interview be prepared to highlight the following (in no particular order):
- Leadership Qualities
- We are looking for examples of leading a team but also taking the initiative (even if working alone).
- Problem Solving Ability
- Both technical and non-technical examples
- Role Related Knowledge
- Be it coding ability, domain expertise or soft skills, we want to hear how you think you can contribute.
- Interest / Culture
- We want to determine if you are a cultural fit at Clearbox Systems. We like interesting people – tell us about your non-work activities and interests. Do you have any personal projects underway? Do you have a side-gig?