Seeking General Practice Medical Receptionist
Advertiser: Robina Town Medical CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Robina Town Medical Centre is a privately owned business founded in 1996 with a vision to provide patient care.
We are seeking an experienced General Practice Medical Receptionist to support the day to day operations of our two GP Practices in Robina.
Must have availability to work various shifts (some short, some long) and possibly share Saturday’s moving forward.
We open 7.30am, close at 6pm and generally work to 1.30pm on a Saturday. Shifts are varied lengths in-between.
Please read the following carefully as Centrelink may investigate those who apply without meeting any of the criteria noted.
Main role encompasses:
- Practice: Opening and preparing the practice and doctors rooms for the day, monitoring the waiting area, monitoring appointment book for mistakes and meeting practice policies throughout the day. Behaving in a professional manner which represents our practice well.
- Patients: Helping by phone and at the desk, booking appointments appropriately and billing\receipting them afterward, acknowledging patients promptly and other daily jobs.
- Doctors\Nurse: Dealing with Dr\Nurse requests, intercepting patients requests to find the right information, scanning incoming mail promptly
- Other staff: taking an active part in working closely with team members to manage daily tasks. Working in an organised and efficient manner, being aware what process are due when and helping make them happen.
Required skill set:
- Experience as a Medical Receptionist within a GP Practice
- Experience with Best Practice an advantage as is experience in an accredited practice
- An understanding of dealing with Medicare and Private billing
- A basic understanding of Enhanced Primary care eligibility to ensure correct bookings
- People skills: ability to listen, ask questions, work nicely with others and ignore distractions
- Work Skills: Demonstrate motivation, a good work ethic and enjoy rising to challenges
We can offer you
- A supportive and challenging environment where you will be a valued team member.
- An opportunity to be a part of a successful business and contribute to its ongoing success.
- Appropriate pay, emailed pay slips, roster software to load at home and public award information freely available
- Roster requests always accommodated where we can
- Only applications submitted through Seek will be considered
Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?