Medical Secretary (30 hrs p/w)
Advertiser: Johnson RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Attractive hourly rate to be negotiated
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
- Conveniently located in Malvern
- Attractive hourly rate
- Part time - four days p/w (30 hrs)
Our client, a large specialist Urology practice, has crafted a solid reputation for providing the highest quality service and treatment outcomes for patients throughout their healthcare journey. Each specialist within the group is supported by a dedicated PA and Medical Secretary committed to achieving excellence in all that they deliver. The practice has experienced consistent and planned growth with further expansion expected in the future. This really is a practice that offers admin staff a career path and genuine development opportunities.
There now exists an opportunity for an experienced Medical Secretary to join this outstanding team on a part time basis and will provide high level support with direct patient contact, including:
- management of reception duties and ensuring the smooth running of consulting sessions
- diary management and appointment scheduling
- maintenance of patient records in accordance with current privacy legislation
- patient accounts, billing and receipting (utilising HIC online, DVA and private health funds)
- liaising with hospital staff and practitioners involved with patient care, care coordination and discharge planning with appropriate follow up appointments
- general office management and admin duties as required
The successful applicant will be experienced within medical administration and have intermediate/advanced Genie software and Microsoft Office skills. Understanding of medical terminology and the ability to work efficiently when the pressure is on, and within a high functioning team, is critical to the success of this position. You will naturally take ownership of your role and enjoy responsibility and accountability to your specialists as well as colleagues and management.
Our client is known for and proud of their reputation amongst the medical community for providing staff with a professional career path, an inclusive and supportive work environment. The practice is lead and managed by a truly outstanding Practice Manager whom is hands on (but not a micro manager!), professional and always available for her team's needs. Staff development and education opportunities are also offered to all employees as well as genuine career progression. A generous hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful applicant and car park may be available on some days.
To make your application, please 'apply' below attaching your resume and cover letter in WORD format outlining your experience relevant to this position. Initial enquiries can be made to Simonne Sigston, Director Johnson Recruitment on 9946 7328.