Casual Medical ReceptionistPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $20 - $28 per hour
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Casual Medical Receptionist required some weekday afternoons must be able to work Wednesday afternoon (approx. 5-15hrs/wk) in a private practice located nearby to Toowong Shopping Centre. Additional hours available to cover permanent staff taking leave over school holidays or as the practice grows. The candidate will be proficient in typing and preferably have some experience with medical software (Genie preferred).
This casual role requires someone who is motivated and enthusiastic. They must be able to work autonomously and efficiently. You will be responsible for closing of the Clinic, scheduling appointments, medical typing. Previous experience with DVA and Medicare billing is an advantage.
We are looking for someone who is courteous and professional with patients and other associated health professionals while also being able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Skills & experience
- Experience within a Specialist medical environment
- Experience with Medical software (Genie preferred)
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously and efficiently
- Word-processing skills
- Experience in medicare rebate preferred
- Medical typing skills
- Ability to organise bookings and liaise with other associated healthcare facilities
- An ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of patient confidentiality
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to multitask
- Interacting with patients, visitors and other healthcare professionals
- Scheduling outpatient and medicolegal appointments/assessments
- Medical typing (letters and medicolegal reports)
- Answering phones in a professional manner
- General billing, receipting of patients.
- Taking phone calls, detailed phone messages and assisting callers with general enquiries
- General housekeeping and upkeep of reception area and 4 consulting rooms
- DVA, WorkCover and Medicare billing
Salary based on experience and in accordance with the Health Professional and Support Services Award for casuals (approx.. $22-$28/hr).
Enquiries through Seek including a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and CV. Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- Are you available to work school holidays?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?