Pathways & Recruitment Manager
Advertiser: Tweed Heads Seagulls RLFCMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Established in 1908, with an iconic history and honoured legacy, an amazing opportunity now exists for an experienced and motivated Pathways and Recruitment Manager.
Join Tweed Heads Seagulls Rugby League Football Club (RLFC) for an experience to build our pathways program and improve the experience of playing Rugby League.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will see you contribute and oversee the player development program. You will work with local schools for player recruitment and establish pathways and opportunities for rugby league players to play at the highest level of rugby league possible.
The successful candidate will be equipped to hit the ground running to start in our 2019 season.
You will be an integral member of the team and have the ability to work autonomously and be part of a team to achieve key objectives and grow with the Tweed Seagulls culture.
Player Development Program
- Liaise with Junior Club Coaching Directors and coaches to identify and select players for Seagulls Junior Squads.
- Attend all relevant school boys and junior representative carnivals to identify and select players for Seagulls junior squads.
- Coordinate and build relationships with local rugby league scouts and coaches in non-SEQ regions to identify potential recruits.
- Liaise with and build relationships with Gold Coast Titans Junior Development Manager to identify potential Seagulls junior players.
- Work in conjunction with the Gold Coast Titans and CRL Development Managers to develop talent in the Northern NSW region.
- Establish and implement a rugby league specific elite players skill development program for all players involved in the Seagulls Junior Squads.
- Liaise with the strength and conditioning staff to implement a physical development program to prepare players for performance.
- Identify suitable coaches within our Junior Club network, Senior Squads or NRL Affiliate to assist staff with training.
- Work together with the Tweed Heads Seagulls Women’s Program Manager to identify and advance talent to ensure long-term sustainability of the program.
- Develop and implement a code of conduct for Seagulls Junior and Women’s Program.
- Work in partnership with the other Game Development Services to promote the Club and the game of Rugby League within our catchment primary and secondary schools.
- Coordinate the support to schools within our catchment to ensure that Rugby League continues to grow and becomes the leading sport within our schools and ensure that the brand of Tweed Heads Seagulls is visible in our area.
- Identify schools within the local area to create and develop formal Rugby League partnerships.
- Develop and coordinate two (2) girls/women’s training sessions/coaching clinics to be held at Piggabeen Sports Complex in season 2019 for girls/women in our local area in preparation for girls/women’s rugby league programs to be run at Tweed Heads Seagulls RLFC Ltd in 2019.
- Develop and maintain a database of players who attend these sessions.
Junior Affiliate Clubs
- Program and coordinate all other Game Development Services (QRL, ARLD & NRL Affiliate) to assist with education and training activities of our affiliated clubs.
- Organise Junior Club visits for all junior clubs in our catchment to work with specific teams of squads or coaches as required by the junior clubs.
- Coordinate necessary courses for coaches, officials and volunteers for our affiliated clubs.
- Develop and foster the relationship between the Tweed Heads Seagulls and our NRL Affiliate.
- In conjunction with the Head Coach and CEO, responsible for recruiting of all players, coaches and support staff including contracts.
- Manage the recruiting network and all relevant recruitment activities.
- Assist in management and contracting of all junior coaching and support staff.
- Responsible for all football equipment and property associated with the junior programs.
- Coordinate the ordering of players and staff uniforms and relevant equipment - Liaise with the CEO for design and budget.
- Attend functions & events relevant to the employment position.
- Any other duties as directed by the CEO and Head Coach.
- Regular interaction with players within Seagulls Junior Programs to ensure they are displaying positive behavior on and off the field.
- Communicate with players’ parents, families and coaches - always ensuring highest levels of professionalism in conduct.
- Liaise with Club Welfare Manager in assisting those players that need additional guidance and support.
- The PM will be expected to ensure that the Club is regularly updated on such issues as:
- Elite Player Development progress.
- Junior Clubs & High Schools performance reviews against recommended programs.
- Player welfare
- Provide a brief weekly summary of the previous week’s Pathways and Recruitment operations via email to the CEO.
- Liaise with CEO for budget on all Junior Programs and activities – once budget is set, the PM is responsible for delivery of requirements under the budget.
- Ensure all players in Seagulls under 18 and Under 20 teams are registered and have up to date information in our database.
As Tweed Seagulls continues to grow. We offer up and coming players the opportunity to develop, learn and experience the greatest culture whist playing in Australia’s great game. The Pathways and Development Manager provides an opportunity for you to be a part of our tradition!
Apply for this job.
Email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 4th March 2019
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?