Mechanical Engineer (full time)
Advertiser: SafetyLink Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- $65,000 - $85,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
SALARY: $65,000-$85000 plus super, depending on experience.
LOCATION: The position will be based in Thornton (Regional NSW).
SafetyLink Pty Ltd is a fast-growing height safety company based in the Thornton area. We design, manufacture and distribute height safety equipment globally.
We are currently looking for an engineer aiming for an exciting career in the forefront of height safety, eager to work on a broad range of projects.
The position reports to Daniel Poldmaa
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years mechanical design experience preferably in the height safety equipment.
- Experience with Creo/Pro Engineer or equivalent CAD & styling/modelling software.
- Structured approach to problem solving based on sound engineering principles.
- Ability to develop analytical models and correlate experimental to theoretical results.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate new ideas, concepts, issues and successes. Experienced with all the Microsoft Office software applications for generating office documents, spreadsheets, project plans, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate as a member of cross-functional project teams in developing products from concept through to commercialization.
- Conduct product design and development in accordance with the AS1657:2018, AS/NZS 1891 and AS/NZS 5532 Standards for height safety equipment design and manufacture.
- Conduct product design in accordance with the project objectives with due consideration of project schedule, budget and risks.
- Conduct design for manufacture assessment involving manufacturing expertise to ensure that final design will support projected build quantity, yield, cost and performance requirements.
- Conduct use and design risk assessment, implementing controls or mitigations to reduce risk levels.
- Conduct and record proof of principle testing of prototypes to confirm feasibility of ideas and concepts
- Propose conceptual ideas utilising various tools and techniques to convey potential solutions to users
- Demonstrate expertise in engineering design tools using CAD ().
- Participate in supplier selection for tooling, component and device manufacture.
- Prepare technical documentation in clear and concise terms in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Liaise closely with the R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Sales and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
- Maintain current working knowledge of the key Australian and international standards, regulations and regulatory guidance that govern the industry
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer or direct manager
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in fast growing emerging industry.
Start learning today, visit www.safetylink.com for product insight, learning modules, training videos and more.
Contact us direct for an interview today!
Contact: Daniel 02 4964 1068
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?