Advertiser: SOLIDpowerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- World leading, solid oxide fuel cell manufacturer
- Full time, permanent position
- Dandenong South location
SOLIDpower is a start-up fuel cell company based in Dandenong South Victoria. It is owned by SOLIDpower SpA - Italy, a world leading solid oxide fuel cell manufacturer and marketer. SOLIDpower SpA also has subsidiaries in Germany and Switzerland. R&D facilities and team are being established in Australia and we have an excellent opportunity for a Chemical/Mechanical Engineer. In the roles, you will play a major role in systems modelling/development, developing new products and implementation, testing and commissioning to increase performance and reduce cost of fuel cell stacks and systems.
KEY Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Flow/thermal and stress modelling
- Specify, design, test, commission and document systems for SOFC Stack and Balance of Plant (BoP).
- Specify, design, test, commission and document sub-systems used in SOFC.
- Investigate new concepts and cost down strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or experience relevant to the duties mentioned above.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in a thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Proficiency in modelling packages (stress, thermal and fluid dynamics; preferentially Ansys).
- Experience in the design of burner, heat exchanger, pre-reformer and steam generator
- Experience with catalyst used for fuel reforming
- Good organizational and workshop practices.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Experience in the field of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells will be a plus.
- Team player capable of working in multi-disciplined environment.
- Be proactive & self-motivated.
- Excellent hands-on skills.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think laterally and come up with recommendations to solve problems.
- Maintain a safe and organised work culture and adhere to the companies OHS policies.
This is a unique and excellent opportunity for a Chemical/ Mechanical Engineer with industry experience to join a dynamic team and work for a world class organisation.
SOLIDPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to attract and retain the highest calibre of professional to join a dynamic global organisation developing cutting edge fuel cell technology.
Please submit your resume AND cover letter clearly addressing the requirements described above.
Candidates MUST be entitled to work in Australia.