Accounts AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
About the role:
Supporting the Finance Team and reporting to the Financial Accountant, you will perform the day-to-day activities of finance operations. This role will provide a broad mix of duties including all facets of Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. It would suit a candidate that has previous accounts and payroll exposure and would provide a great learning experience.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- High level knowledge of Payroll
- Knowledge of Xero would be an advantage
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Accurate and timely data input
- Great attention to detail
- Demonstrated administration and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and implement new processes
- Ability to work autonomously
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely accounts payable and receivable data input using Xero
- Preparation of supplier payment runs
- Preparation of payroll and statutory obligations
- Maintain the Time and Attendance software used to process payroll
- Supplier account reconciliations and maintaining supplier records
- Assisting with end of month reporting
- Ensure collection of monies from customers in a timely manner
- Ensuring continuous improvement and efficiency in accounting systems
- Build and maintain external relationships
- Other duties as requested by the Financial Accountant
Founded in 2016, we have a small team of experienced childcare sector professionals that specialise in childcare leasing, property and acquisitions. The team has been rapidly growing as the business expands, so it is an exciting and dynamic place to work.
We value our team members and provide a flexible and autonomous environment, we are small and personable. We also value our customers and are focused on providing them with the optimum experience with us.
You will be challenged, stimulated and become part of our growth story. Flexible working arrangements are also offered.
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts assistant?