Junior Production Assistant
Advertiser: Sketch & EtchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Assembly & Process Work
Sketch & Etch is a fast growing, super creative company based in Geelong. We constantly push boundaries with what we do and refuse to stay stagnant. We won the 2018 Emerging Business of the Year Award at the Deakin Geelong Business Excellence Awards...this shows just how awesome our team is!
You cannot pigeon hole what Sketch & Etch makes into one single category, as every job is different. If you tried to describe what we do day in day out, it would be something like "Sketch & Etch focus on high quality bespoke and customisable pieces for our clients – we are only limited by our client's imagination". But even that doesn't do it justice.
On any given day we will make jaw-dropping custom signage for a clients Wedding, a wishing well to hold all the keepsakes of a special occasion to a massive Neon Sign to brighten up a businesses office and everything in between. We have some massive laser cutters, a CNC router, vinyl cutter and a flatbed UV Printer plus all your traditional woodworking equipment.
We work with a huge range of clients; from a Mum purchasing an item for their Childs bedroom to huge multi-national companies.
This is an ideal job for someone looking for a casual job with some set shifts with the opportunity to work more hours during busy periods!
We are a bit different in the way we hire, we look for intelligence over experience, we offer full training on the job of our equipment and processes, you just need to bring good work ethic and a willingness to learn!
Okay so that’s enough detail, let’s see if you are a good fit.
Are you the type of person that:
- Often feels like you have more common sense than the average Joe?
- Can’t understand why people around you make so many simple mistakes when you don’t seem to have that problem?
- Enjoy focusing on your work and can’t stand it when the person next to you won’t stop talking about their weekend?
- Wants to work for a company that appreciates your efficiency?
- Enjoys flying through simple tasks as much as complex thought provoking ones?
- Gets excited about setting personal goals to try and push your efficiency even further week to week.
Still sounding like a good fit? Here’s a little bit about the rest of the company:
- We are growing, Quickly! As such we always have things going on, new processes rolling out as well as new equipment and products.
- You will be supported by our industry leading Client Management team (these guys answer customer enquiries and create magic), as well as our amazing design team.
- We have two workshop dogs!
- We have an awesome coffee machine and an unlimited supply of coffee beans!
There are Roles for a dedicated Legend to do the following (you may end up doing one or many of these things. We will help find what you are great at):
- Creating Neon signs (if you have fine motor skills, we want you to make our Neons!)
- Building Wishing Wells
- Assembling signage
- Painting product
- Peeling the app tape (kind of like masking tape) off all the products that come out of the laser cutter
- Cleaning & beautifully packaging up our products to send out to our amazing clients
- Plus a bunch more…
Apply if you…:
- Have a super positive attitude and enjoy a challenge
- Want to learn new skills and push yourself everyday
- Want to work with a young, vibrant and passionate team
- Love being in a fast paced environment
- Can work independently (put on your headphones and get the job done)
- Are extremely logical & love following systems and processes and are always looking at ways to improve them
- Have an eye for detail
- Want to be involved in a business experiencing massive growth with huge opportunities
- Love Dogs! We have 2 workshop Dogs. A massive Black German Shepard (Sirius) and a Cocker Spaniel (Argo)
Please note: this is not a design or "creative role". In this role you will be working in our 600m2 workshop and following strict best-practice procedures.
Still reading and keen to join the team? Awesome, here's how:
- Write a cover letter that demonstrates you have read this job description and list the attributes that would make you a suitable candidate for the position. Without this you will not be considered.
- Simply click apply below and attach your cover letter and resume.