- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Autism Queensland Gladstone provides services for children on the autism spectrum and their families living in Gladstone, Bundaberg, Biloela and surrounding areas. Our small specialist team includes speech pathologists, an occupational therapist, teachers and program assistants with expertise in ASD.
This role offers diversity and tremendous professional development opportunities in the design, implementation and delivery of programs for children and their families in both centre-based and outreach services, including school advisory visits.
- Design and implement programs and strategies to address the needs of individuals on the autism spectrum
- Deliver – through both centre-based and outreach services – group and individual intervention programs which are responsive to the needs of each individual, their family and relevant educational setting
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with all stakeholders to ensure their participation in planning, decision making and reporting
- Lead and participate in meetings with relevant staff members and parents to discuss current concerns and collaboratively identify specific strategies for individual children
- Prepare, facilitate and maintain assessment, observation and progress reports as required
- Facilitate the collaborative preparation of trans-disciplinary behavioural support and Individual Support Plans
- Lead, coach, supervise and provide effective performance management of Program Assistants where relevant
- Provide training and information in areas of professional expertise for internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology
Membership with Speech Pathology Australia
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding to deliver occupational therapy services to individuals on the autism spectrum
Proven ability to work effectively with families and collaboratively within a trans-disciplinary team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Current Drivers License & First Aid
To access the full Position Description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply ASAP! Your application should include:
1. a cover letter identifying the reason/s you are applying;
2. a current CV / Resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. details of current professional registration
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you currently hold membership with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA)?