Advertiser: VGWMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
VGW is a cutting-edge tech company focusing on online gaming. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 400 team members globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. VGW has a dynamic and happy workplace and we all have huge amounts of energy and a real passion for our products and our players.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join VGW and provide legal support in relation to iGaming regulatory, data privacy and anti-money laundering matters. You will be assisting VGW to navigate its legal, risk and compliance challenges and providing legal advice while taking into consideration the commercial and economic requirements of the business.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Familiarising yourself with VGW licensing documentation and understanding our regulatory obligations.
- Developing your knowledge of global iGaming regulatory, data privacy and anti-money laundering frameworks that will potentially impact the business
- Undertaking company formation, licence applications and other legal and regulatory work in relation to entry into new markets
- Developing your knowledge of key regulatory areas for VGW ie Maltese Gaming regime, data protection, money laundering, social responsibility etc and get comfortable advising the business in respect of same.
Due to VGW’s fast-paced and ever-growing environment, we are looking for someone who is a fast learner and has determination (hustle!). You’ll have 2-4 years of experience, be self-sufficient and able to operate effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Ideally, you will have:
- internet and gaming background (experience with international gaming regulations, or AML, data protection, regulation of electronic businesses);
- international regulatory experience or
- strong commercial litigation experience.
Does this sound like your kind of challenge?
Apply now and we’ll be in touch soon.