Field Service Engineer - Compressors
Advertiser: Howden Australia Pty LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
The Big Picture:
Due to our current and future workload expectations, Howden Australia has an immediate need for a Field Service Engineer to support our Howden Compressor products.
The main focus of this role is to ensure new and aftermarket Howden compressor products are installed, maintained and operated to Howden standards and client requirements within Australia and overseas in a safe and reliable way.
What needs to be done?
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake site servicing in terms of customer planned maintenance contracts, workshop based overhauls and breakdowns and produce a report of work done in order to comply with the Service Level Agreements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new Compressor installations.
- Carry out detailed machinery analysis, interpret results and liaise with the Howden Engineering Department on how to most efficiently resolve our customer's problems.
- Assisting customers with product challenges, product performance and operator training, along with assisting the Service Sales personnel in generating quotes and winning business.
- Take all reasonable care for your own personal health and safety, as well as for that of everyone who may be affected by your actions in your workplace.
- Liaise and co-operate with company management with regards to the current health and safety legislation and obligations within the location and area where you perform your duties.
- Train customers and fellow Field Service Engineers on the installation, operation and maintenance of compressor equipment and applications.
What do you need to bring?
- You are a qualified technician with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience working on industrial Gas and Air Compressors (Reciprocating, Twin Screw and Centrifugal) installed in chemical, power and oil and gas industries. There will be training available specific to our compressor designs however experience in at least two of the above mentioned types of compressors is required.
- You can display demonstrated experience in solving complex issues logically in the field. Many of our sites are in remote locations.
- Your ability to remain calm in stressful situations and pressurized environments will serve you well in this role.
- You'll have sound verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to communicate at all levels within the business from technicians that are being supervised on-site through to plant engineers and senior management.
- You portray a customer centric approach to everything you do.
- Your commitment and focus to working safely for yourself and others is unwavering.
- You have previous experience working with software and control systems.
- You must have the ability and willingness to travel locally and globally, often only with short notice for extended periods.
Please note that this role can be based in either Sydney or Brisbane, depending on where the successful candidate's home base is located.
What will you get in return?
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, global company that offers attractive remuneration packages, flexible working arrangements with global experience and provides a supportive organisational culture.
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world's leading application engineering company. Howden Group has approximately 5,000 employees and is owned by the Colfax Corporation, who also own ESAB. Colfax is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and has 16,000 employees throughout the world.
For over 160 years Howden has been a worldwide brand name – we design, engineer and supply air and gas handling equipment, including industrial fans, process gas compressors and rotary heat exchangers for some of the world's biggest industrial brands and infrastructure projects. Our customers know when they come to Howden, they are buying the best.
It is our people who are at the core of what we do and, supported by industry leading engineering and our extensive track record, we build relationships with our customers that offer true, long-term value to them. It is our people that make the difference, and we pride ourselves on building custom air/gas handling applications to meet our customers' distinctive needs.
To express your interest in this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter by Friday 1st March 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and working for Howden. We have experienced a very high response rate and as a result, please be aware that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.