Advertiser: Human Resources FocusMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Feb 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
Lawyer – 2-5 years PAE
About the business and the role
With offices in Sydney CBD, South West Sydney & the Hunter Valley, this growing law firm provides quality legal services to clients in a range of areas including Environmental & Government, Family, Commercial, wills & probate and property matters. The business requires a passionate and dedicated Lawyer who is looking to establish themselves within the firm and grow with the business based in our Cessnock office.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will act for clients from developers, builders and mum's and dads, small business owners and individuals in a variety of areas of law including property, family, wills & probate and commercial law.
You will need demonstrated experience in;
- Client advisory in various legal matters
- Project and development work;
- Commercial and retail leasing and related transactions;
- Domestic and commercial conveyancing experience desirable
- Wills and probate
- Developing & Managing own file loads
- Negotiating matters to settlement
- Experience using Leap documents & accounting
This is a unique opportunity for a lawyer with 2+ years PAE and a passion for this area of law, to further develop their skills as a specialist in the property law arena. The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work independently and networking and developing their client base.
Our client prides itself on its fun, collaborative and supportive culture. Your efforts will be rewarded with an attractive salary along with ongoing learning and development initiatives.
We also have an opening for a Junior Lawyer who is keen to develop their legal skills across a variety of areas of law. You will need to have completed your PLT and have previous experience working within a law firm either as a Paralegal or as a Graduate Lawyer. This is a great opportunity for a driven and passionate person who wants to make their mark within the legal profession. Position will be based in our Cessnock office.
Interested applicants please click on the Apply Now Button and attach your resume and cover letter, please indicate which position you are applying for.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?