Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
HIP/HARP - Counsellor
Fixed-Term Full Time Position until 28 June 2019
Capacity to job share
NFP Salary packaging available
Must be available to work at all DPV and Northern Health sites
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we strive ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disability, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
This exciting short-term position sits under HIP (Health Independence Program) and HARP (Hospital Admissions Risk Program) which is a collaborative strategy between Northern Health and DPV Health. There is a possibility that this position will extend post June 2019 in a Part Time capacity. You will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive Psycho/Social assessment and intervention of all clients referred to the service
- Undertake case coordination and management for clients, working with their families and relevant agencies
- Provide primary and secondary consultation and support to referring GP’s, hospitals and other HARP clinicians
- About you
- Tertiary and Post Graduate Qualifications in a relevant field (Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Nursing)
- Current registration with relevant peak body
- Demonstrated experience in community based assessment and management of people in acute phase of a mental illness
- Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention for people in social/psychological crisis
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
Please apply via the seek website and submit: 1) a covering letter (indicating availabilities), 2) your resume and 3) a statement addressing the key selection criteria; for consideration of this position.
You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday 14 March 2019. Interviews will be held in the afternoon of Monday 18 March 2019.
If you have any queries relating to this position please contact John Sampsonidis (Community Services Coordinator) on 9409 8786.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo or hold a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Full Drivers Licence and work rights for Australia.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!