Advertiser: Sundrop FarmsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Feb 2019
- Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
Sundrop Farms is a global leader in sustainable agriculture, growing fresh fruits and vegetables using renewable inputs.
The Junior Grower is responsible for the measurements and maintenance of plant growth and all greenhouse systems including the irrigation system. Develop and support greenhouse staff to meet and exceed KPI’s monitor health and safety, food safety and quality standards
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to model strong behaviours and a willingness to learn
- Great communication skills
- General knowledge of the greenhouse operations
- Contribute to the development of and implement the Sundrop Farms growing strategy to maximise yield
- Ensure the quality and efficiency in the greenhouse meet or exceed standards
- Liaise with the growing team and IPM operative
- Assist with crop audit, compile data and report findings
- Enforce compliance with hygiene and food safety requirements with greenhouse teams
- Drive own leadership development by actively seeking mentoring, coaching, education and formal learning experiences.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Horticulture qualification/knowledge and experience of crop work preferably within a greenhouse environment; and
- Most important is enthusiasm and hunger to learn quickly.
As the successful candidate, you will need to possess excellent communication skills, be capable of working without supervision and identifying and encourage potential in others. Thriving in an ever-evolving environment, you need to be able to meet challenges head on and convert strategy into action and achieve targeted outcomes.
With a strong focus on achieving results, a collaborative working style and a values-based culture, Sundrop Farms offers you a career opportunity like no other - we identify and recruit only the best talent.
If you think that this could be you, please apply with a CV and Resume to Rebecca Buono in the Administration building.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?